Welcome to Charlottesville Cat Care Clinic
As every cat owner knows, cats are special creatures who require special care and handling. That's why our Charlottesville veterinarian, Dr. Maire Mahanes, is completely dedicated to your feline friends in Charlottesville, Staunton, Waynesboro, Madison, Ruckersville, Culpeper and surrounding areas.
Dr. Maire Mahanes and Dr. Melissa Egan are committed to cats
Our exclusive feline focus gives us an extra depth of knowledge and skill in anticipating these animals' specific veterinary challenges and psychological requirements. We call ourselves "The Quiet Alternative" because we provide the quiet, peaceful, dog-free ambience that we know cats need and love. Our menu of feline services includes:
- Preventative wellness exams - Regular examinations are important for catching any hidden health problems in their initial stages so we can treat them as effectively and efficiently as possible. Laboratory testing, palpation, visual inspections and other techniques help us determine the exact state of your cat's current wellness.
- Dental care - Cats can suffer from tooth decay, gum disease, oral cancer and the occasional cat-specific dental ailment such as feline tooth resorption (or "cat cavities"). We can examine your cat's mouth every year to check for disease and implement a plan to provide good oral health.
- Vaccinations - Vaccinations make up for a lack of natural antibodies against serious diseases. We can provide your cat with long-lasting protection against rabies, rhinotracheitis, feline calicivirus, panleukopenia, feline leukemia and other threats.
- Flea, tick & heartworm prevention - We can put your cat on a program of preventative medication to ward off fleas and ticks (which cause skin irritation and transfer serious diseases) as well as heartworm (for which there is no current approved feline treatment).
- Digital radiography - Your cat will appreciate the ease and quickness of digital radiography, while you'll appreciate this technology's ability to produce high-definition images without large doses of radiation or the wait required to develop film.
- Surgery - If your cat needs surgery, you've got a friend in our Charlottesville veterinarian. Our clinic can perform a wide range of procedures, from emergency internal surgery to non-urgent wellness procedures such as spaying and neutering.
- Pain management - Cats don't like to display signs of pain , but you don't have to let your feline suffer in silence. We can diagnose the underlying cause of the pain and prescribe pain management options ranging from medicines to surgery.
- Prescription diets - We carry multiple brands and flavors of diets to help control weight, reduce food allergies, help with urinary tract disorders, help to calm your cat, treat hyperthyroid disease, allow the kidneys to function better, and more.
- Senior cat care - Senior cats tend to have more health problems and run a higher risk for organ failure. We can treat age-related ailments and help your cat enjoy his "retirement years."
Introduce Your Feline Friend to Our Charlottesville Cat Care Clinic
Dr. Mahanes and her team can't wait to meet your feline family. Contact our clinic today to schedule an initial consultation with our Charlottesville veterinarian!